Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager (Community)
This course is for individuals working as a Manager in Children’s Residential Care or as a Children, Young People and Families Manager in the community. You could be solely responsible for the management of a team or service, or be part of a management team.
REF: ST0087 (O2)
Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager (Community) Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study and are available to all* employees, there is no upper age limit.
Duration - typically 24 months
Maths & English required to a minimum of Level 2
The following will be covered:
A – Providing direction and working as a cohesive team.
B – Ensuring the working environment supports dignity and human rights
C – Supporting your team to work through challenges and ensuring safety
D – Enabling your team to focus on and achieve improved outcomes for children and young people.
E – Managing and making best use of resources.
F – Building relationships and ensuring effective communication and partnership work.
G – Ensure a culture of continuing professional development.
H – Promote partnership working to improve outcomes together
The Institute for Apprenticeships set out specific requirements for this course.
- 20% off the job (a record of learning completed in the workplace)
- Current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (provided by employer)
- Completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care (completed as part of the apprenticeship)
- Achievement to Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (completed as part of the apprenticeship where exemption evidence is not provided)
- End Point Assessment completion:
- Situational Judgement Test
- Competence Interview supported by portfolio
Apprenticeships are partially Government funded, partially funded by the employer. How this is paid depends on whether you are a levy or non-levy payer.
The full cost of the course is £6,000. The Government fund 95% of this, the remaining 5% (£300) is either directly by the employer's levy account, or invoiced by us to the employer at the start of the apprenticeship (subject to VAT).
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Children, Young People and Families in the Community
Diplomas (previously NVQs) allow learners to build their knowledge and skills within the workplace and are available to all.
Duration - 8-12 months
Maths & English certification not required.
This training program, which leads to a Level 5 qualification, focuses on developing the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to effectively manage individuals who work with children, young people, and families. Through this program, you will learn how to promote positive outcomes and sustainable change in the lives of those you work with.
The program is particularly suitable for those who hold deputy manager or manager positions in adoption or fostering services.
Working in a leadership role in a relevant setting to allow all elements of the diploma to be achieved.
The diploma does not usually attract government funding, but can be paid by the employer, learner or split between them both. £1800.00 + VAT