ADULT CARE

Level 2 Adult Care Worker


This qualification is ideal for frontline care staff that are new to the role or do not already have a qualification in care.


REF: ST0005

Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship

Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study and are available to all* employees, there is no upper age limit.


Apprenticeship Details

Duration - typically 15 months

Maths & English required to a minimum of Level 1

The following will be covered:

KNOWLEDGE - Understand the role in adult care; the importance of having the right values and behaviours; the importance of communication; how to support individuals to remain safe from harm.

SKILLS - Undertake the tasks and responsibilities according to the job role; treat people with respect, dignity and honour their human rights; communicate clearly and responsibly.

BEHAVIOURS - The 6 C's; Care, Compassion, Courage, Communication, Competence, Commitment.

Apprenticeship Requirements

The Institute for Apprenticeships set out specific requirements for this course.

These include:

  • 20% off the job (a record of learning completed in the workplace)
  • Completion of the Care Certificate (provided by employer)
  • Current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (provided by employer)
  • Completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Care (completed as part of the apprenticeship)
  • Achievement to a minimum Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (completed as part of the apprenticeship where exemption evidence is not provided)
  • End Point Assessment completion:
    • Situational Judgement Test
    • Professional Discussion

Apprenticeship Costs

Apprenticeships are partially Government funded, partially funded by the employer. How this is paid depends on whether you are a levy or non-levy payer.

The full cost of the course is £3,000. The Government fund 95% of this, the remaining 5% (£150) is either directly by the employer's levy account, or invoiced by us to the employer at the start of the apprenticeship (subject to VAT).

Workforce Development Fund

Employers can claim additional £1,000 of funding for the Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship upon completion.






REF: 60325549

Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care

Diplomas (previously NVQs) allow learners to build their knowledge and skills within the workplace and are available to all.


Diploma Details

Duration - 6-12 months

Maths & English certification not required.

KNOWLEDGE - Understand the role in adult care; the importance of having the right values and behaviours; the importance of communication; how to support individuals to remain safe from harm.

SKILLS - Undertake the tasks and responsibilities according to the job role; treat people with respect, dignity and honour their human rights; communicate clearly and responsibly.

Diploma Requirements

Working in a care role and setting to allow all elements of the diploma to be achieved.

Diploma Costs

The diploma does not usually attract government funding, but can be paid by the employer, learner or split between them both. £1000.00 + VAT

Workforce Development Fund

Employers can claim additional £600 of funding for the Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care upon completion.