Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
This qualification is ideal for full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Duration - typically 12 months
Maths & English required to a minimum of Level 1
The broad purpose of the occupation is to work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes within the ethos of the setting. An EYP works as part of a professional team ensuring the welfare and care for children under the guidance and supervision of an Early Years Educator, teacher or other suitably qualified professional the Early Years Workforce.
The Institute for Apprenticeships set out specific requirements for this course.
- 20% off the job (a record of learning completed in the workplace)
- Current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (provided by employer)
- Completion of the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (completed as part of the apprenticeship)
- Achievement to a minimum Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (completed as part of the apprenticeship where exemption evidence is not provided)
- End Point Assessment completion:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
- Knowledge Test
Apprenticeships are partially Government funded, partially funded by the employer. How this is paid depends on whether you are a levy or non-levy payer.
The full cost of the course is £4,000. The Government fund 95% of this, the remaining 5% (£200) is either directly by the employer's levy account, or invoiced by us to the employer at the start of the apprenticeship (subject to VAT).
Diplomas (previously NVQs) allow learners to build their knowledge and skills within the workplace and are available to all.
Duration – 12-14 months
Maths & English certification not required.
The purpose of the TQUK Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitoner (RQF) is to gain the understanding and skills that a level 2 early years practitioner needs to demonstrate to be considered qualified to support young children from birth to 5 years old.
You need to be working as part of a professional team ensuring the welfare and care for children under the guidance and supervision of an Early Years Educator, teacher or other suitably qualified professional the Early Years Workforce.
The diploma does not usually attract government funding, but can be paid by the employer, learner or split between them both. £1000.00 + VAT